You will not even believe the countless free resources the The New York Public Library provides for children and families.
Here are some great ways you can use your public library this summer:
- Ebooks: If a student has a library card and a device (phone, tablet, computer) they can digitally check out ebooks whether they are in the comfort of their own homes or away on vacation.
- Book Lists: Need book recommendations? NYPL has suggested book lists categorized by grade, topic, and genre.
- Educational Websites: Students can access educational websites right from NYPL’s site.
- Programs for Kids: Are you looking for wholesome and engaging activities for your child this summer? Branches across the city offer programming for kids of every age. They have arts and crafts, boardgames, story time, music and so much more and it is ALL free!
- Resources for Parents: Need some guidance about reading? The Library offers a long list of different resources to help you foster a life long love of reading in your child.
Incredible, right? If your child doesn’t have a library card, apply for one here.