- Sink-vs-Float Investigation: Find 6 small solid objects. Fill a container with water. Make predictions of which objects will sink and which objects will float. Test your predictions. Make observations and record your findings. Go on a States of
- Matter Hunt: How many different types of liquids, solids and gases can you find in your home? Make a recording for what you find.Water
- Evaporation Experiment: Go outside and pour a small amount of water on the ground. Circle it with chalk. What do you think will happen after 5 minutes? After 10 minutes? Record your observations.
- Solubility Experiment: Choose a solid (e.g., salt, flour, sand, sugar). Fill a small container or cup with water. Make predictions of what will happen when you add the solid to the water. Add the solid. Observe what happens.
- Floating Challenge: Take a piece of clay or playdough. Fill a container with water. Try and make a shape with the clay or playdough
- Find a solid and explore and describe its properties.
- Find a liquid and explore and describe its properties.
- Find a gas and explore and describe its properties.
- Go on a search around your apartment and create a table for solids, liquids and gases.
Watch this video on the states of matter then teach someone at home about what you learned
Online Games (Websites & Apps.)
Try out the games and activities on this website: