Welcome to 1st grade’s H.O.Ps! On this page, you will find each content area with the units listed below. Click on the unit to learn about great ways to practice what your child is in learning in class, at home. If you are interested in learning more, here is the research that inspired our new vision of homework.
In addition, here you can see the First Grade Year in the Life document which will give you an overview of what to look forward to this year.
- Unit 1: Building Good Reading Habits
- Unit 2: Word Detectives
- Unit 3: Learning About the World
- Unit 4: Readers Get to Know Their Characters
- Unit 5: Readers Have Big Jobs to Do
- Unit 6: Meeting the Characters and Learning Lessons
- Unit 7: Reading Nonfiction Cover to Cover
- Unit 1: How-to Books
- Unit 2: Small Moments
- Unit 3: Nonfiction Chapter Books
- Unit 4: Reviews
- Unit 5: Poetry and Songs
- Unit 6: Realistic Fiction
- Unit 7: Writing Projects
- Unit 1: Addition, Subtraction 1: Building Numbers and Solving Story Problems
- Unit 2: 2-D Geometry: Comparing and Combining Shapes
- Unit 3: Addition, Subtraction and the Number System 2: How Many of Each? How Many in All
- Unit 4: Measurement and Fractions: Fish Lengths and Fraction Rugs
- Unit 5: Addition, Subtraction and the Number System 3: Number Games and Crayon Problems
- Unit 6: Modeling with Data: Would You Rather Be An Eagle or A Whale?
- Unit 7: Addition, Subtraction, and the Number System 4: How Many Tens? How Many Ones?
- Unit 8: 3D Geometry