There has been a lot of buzz and research about positive benefits of handwriting on brain functioning lately – see what you think. If you are interested, below are links to articles and research as well as resources for students to practice handwriting at home.
- 5 Reasons Kids Should Still Learn Cursive Writing
- What’s Lost When Handwriting Fades
- Want to Improve Children’s Writing? Don’t Neglect Their Handwriting.
- How Cursive Can Help Students with Dyslexia
- Biological and Psychological Benefits of Learning Cursive Writing
- 10 Reasons People Still Need Cursive
Getting Ready to Write:
- Printable Cursive Alphabets ( note there are different versions provided, choose the one that works best for you).
- Cursive Letter Writing Guide
- K-5 Learning – Cursive Practice
- Printable Cursive Handwriting has a ton of free, printable resources.
Blank Printable Lined Paper