Welcome to 2nd grade’s H.O.Ps! Below you will find each content area with the units listed below. Click on the unit to learn about great ways to practice what your child is in learning in class, at home. If you are interested in learning more, here is the research that inspired our new vision of homework.
- Unit 1: Fiction: Reading Growth Spurt
- Unit 2: Fiction Growing Word Solving Muscles
- Unit 3: Nonfiction: Becoming Experts
- Unit 4: Fiction: Studying Characters and Their Stories
- Unit 5: Fiction: Bigger Books Means Amping Up Reading Power
- Unit 6: Series
- Unit 7: Nonfiction Book Clubs
- Units 1 : Fiction: Revving Up Writing Muscles
- Unit 2 : Fiction: Lessons from the Masters (Small Moments)
- Unit 3: Informational Writing
- Unit 4: Fiction Writing – Gripping Stories
- Unit 5: Poetry: Big Thoughts, Small Packages
- Unit 6: Writing About Reading
- Unit 7: Lab Reports and Science Books
- Unit 1:Addition, Subtraction and the Number System 1: Coins, Number Strings and Story Problems
- Unit 2: Geometry & Fractions: Attributes of Shapes and Parts of a Whole
- Unit 3: Addition, Subtraction, and the Number System 2: How Many Stickers? How Many Cents?
- Unit 4 Modeling with Data: Pockets, Teeth, and Guess My Rule
- Unit 5: Addition, Subtraction, and the Number System 3
- Unit 6: Linear Measurement: How Far Can You Jump?
- Unit 7: Foundations of Multiplication
- Unit 8: Addition, Subtraction and the Number System 4