- Write all about books. You can try to add text features. (If you have trouble coming up with an idea, think of people, places or things you know a lot about.)
- Make a poster(s) of your topic(s).
- Take a trip to the zoo and learn as much as you can about an animal.
- Visit the museum and learn as much as you can about something.
- Make a video of yourself teaching someone about a topic.
- Read non-fiction books with an adult and point out text features that you notice, such as, table of contents, fun facts page, d captions, labels, diagrams or glossaries.
- Make a list of topics you know a lot about. You’re an expert if you know at least 5 things about that topic.
Articles & Resources:
- Any of Gail Gibbons’ books