Online Games (Websites & Apps):
- Go on Sock Puppets App and write a story to be animated
- Create a my story book online
- Write a small moment story about a meaningful moment in your life
- Create a character. What kind of person is he/she? What are his/her strengths, weaknesses? What kinds of problems might he/she face? How will he/she solve them? Use these plans to create a story with a character who faces a problem, encounters trouble and solves the problem.
Games & Activities:
- Tell a story to a family member, remember to zoomed into an interesting, strange, sad, or funny moment that happened today!!!
- Ask your grown up to tell a story. BE a writing partner to your parent:
- Prompts- what did you say? What was your body doing? What were you thinking? How can you show what you were feeling.
- Storytell together
- Read a story with your parent! Point out dialogue, small action, thinking, feeling that the author uses to make the characters come alive
- Collect ideas for stories with your family
- Think of important people, places and things and important moments that you had there
- Collect around strong feelings and moments you felt that way
- Interview an older family member about a childhood story. Write the story.
- Write a story that has been passed down over the years. Tell it together first and then write it. Read it aloud to different family members and revise together.
- Create a series of story books using the same character experiencing different problems