- Choose two 3 dimensional shapes. Create an I-Movie to teach others about those shapes. Explain how they’re alike and how they’re different.
- Paper Plate Fraction Plates:
- Color paper plates with a fun and creative designs.
- Turn them into puzzles by partitioning the plates into equal parts. Use fractions to label each part.
- Shape Riddles:Choose a 2D or 3D shape. Write down 3-4 clues about your shape using their defining attributes (sides, angles, vertices, faces, edges)
- Shape Robot: Create a shape robot using two and three dimensional objects. Collect two and three dimensional objects from around your home to use for this project (paper towel rolls, juice boxes, tissue boxes, small balls etc.). Create a shape robot using the objects you collected. Explain how you made your shape robot. Name and describe the different shapes that you used.
- Story Time: Listen to the story When a Line Bends…A Shape Begins by Rhonda Gowler Greene. Explore making different shapes with a pipe cleaner or piece of string. How many different shapes can you make? Draw and write about the shapes you made.
- Create a Shape Book with this template.
- Splash Math App: 1st grade Geometry
- Brain Pop Jr.: Watch a video about geometry or fractions.
- ixl.com 1st grade: Geometry and Fractions