Every year Mr. Bender carefully selects a book for each month of the school year. These books are always connected by a particular theme which changes from year to year. This year’s is a really powerful theme, but we aren’t going to tell you what it is just yet.
At the end of each month, we will share the Book of the Month with you in the hopes you will discuss it further with your children. And while you’re at it, see if you can figure out Mr. Bender’s theme!
September’s book was, “Kindness is Cooler Mrs. Ruler.” Below you will find a video of the book being read
Ways to talk about this book at home:
- Here is a cool resource with discussion questions about the text and ways to, “Keep Kindness Going.”
- 22 Kid Approved Acts of Kindness
- 100 Acts of Kindness for Kids
- Keep track of acts of kindness at home with this printable document.
- Article: Are You Raising Nice Kids? A Harvard Psychologist gives 5 Ways to Raise them to be Kind